Wire edm 'glue'

I remember hearing somewhere about a conductive glue that you could use to hold small parts in place when parting off so that you could skim the tab off as opposed to filing/ grinding after. Does anyone know what I’m talking about or know where I could buy any?

1 Like

I have used a “Conductive pen” from Mcmaster Carr to hold electrodes for Sinking.
They have a few other selections under “Conductive Glue”.
We have also used the Solder in that list.
Good luck.

1 Like

Lookup MG Chemicals 9400 One-Part Electrically Conductive Adhesive

1 Like

Not sure how it works, but I have read that graphite powder incorporated into CA glue works. You might also check your cam software to see if skim cuts after cut off are possible.

I have used conductive glue for a sinker and it works well in some situations. I have also tried it in the wire, but in my opinion I can wire what I need out and grind the tab fast than it takes for the glue to set.

Loctite black max works well. It contains Carbon Black which makes it conductive. At about $30/oz it’s economical… There are other potting epoxies (usually two-part) that are conductive but very expensive.

2 Likes

Black max or 480, on the holder block I will scribe lines to raise a burr and then mount the graphite on this helps to ensures you get good contact, clamp tight and spray some zip kicker at the base this help set up faster( get zip kicker from Amazon) You can grind or mill with in 10 minutes,

1 Like